For more of my commentary on life in Richmond, Indiana check out RichmondMatters.com.
The "I'm too busy with the dog show to blog for real so I'll grow them a linkfarm" edition:
- Popping Culture Blog by Michelle Manchir: Michelle's journalistic efforts at the Palladium-Item are some of the more refreshingly comprehensive and useful to come along in a while, and her blog entries are turning out to be similarly insightful.
- Peter Suber of Earlham College Gets Win for Open-Access at Harvard: Peter was a professor of mine at Earlham, and is one of the most interesting and intelligent people I know. He's been working hard at making scholarly articles available for free online, and this news is certainly a great milestone for that effort.
- WayNet.org allows organizations without 501(c)3 status to apply for fee-waived membership: Now you don't need to have a letter from The Man if you're a low-budget not-for-profit organization wanting to join this Wayne County community network association.
- The Palladium-Item is revising its forum posting policy so that it holds its online users to some of the same standards as its letter writers in the print edition. And yet despite some heroic efforts, as I predicted in 2005, the forum remains something of a drowning pool where trolls go to feed.
- Check out my Summersault Weblog entry on adding a free chat room to your website. Any questions? Come ask me in the chat room at live-richmond.com.
- I am searching for the medical term for "an irrational fear of velociraptors" - anyone?