(Please note, because of the time that has passed since I wrote this article, it may no longer reflect my current views or the most accurate and complete information available on this subject.)
Life's too short. E-mail messages I tend to delete without reading (other than obvious spam):
- Messages with a blank subject line
- Messages with a blank body, with only a mysterious attachment that's supposed to explain everything when I open it
- Pretty much anything from Network Solutions / Verisign
- Anything that asks me to forward it to 11 of my friends for good luck
- Messages that start out by declaring that "this is not spam"
- Messages with more than three (3) consecutively-placed exclamation points in the subject line or greeting
What about you?