For more of my commentary on life in Richmond, Indiana check out RichmondMatters.com.
Well, you know my criteria for good April Fool's Day jokes. Here's what I've kept track of so far for the day:
- I had a little fun with the users of the Palladium-Item forums who like to post anonymous rants. It resulted in at least one phone call threatening legal action against me and started at least one conversation about the nature of privacy on the Internet, so I consider that a mild success.
- Jim Hair, photographer and community activist extraordinaire, announced he and his wife Vicki are moving back to California after he accepted a position there. Funny on a number of levels, but mostly so because of what they've invested in Richmond.
- Jean Harper is at least fantasizing about a good joke, though I'm concerned about her allegations that members of the Earlham College swim team are promiscuous. Wait, does Earlham have a swim team? Ahem.
- Google's got it going on with a new kind of wakeup alarm, plans for colonizing Mars, and a way to never send an e-mail that's late.
- Lawmakers in Congress are "criticizing" oil industry executives for not investing in renewable resources - jolly good show!
What else ya got?