I haven't had the chance to blog lately, but here are some bits and pieces to chew on. First, some links:
- Friday's episode of On the Media was excellent as usual, but did an especially good job of covering the strange way the 11 PM Eastern network television calling of the election works, cognitive dissonance around the world about electing Barack Obama, and difference between real grassroots organizing and just another marketing campaign. Great stuff.
- Clearing Up Basic Misunderstandings - some interesting post-mortem thoughts on the McCain/Palin ticket from Alan Pavlik.
- Last political links, I promise: What the silence in Grant Park said - yes. The one where she makes her post-election political statement - nicely put. Got to admire the geeks who were behind the flood of website traffic leading up to and on election day.
- Whitewater Valley Artists Consortium - I think I'd known these folks had a group, but just now found their website. Glad they're here!
- Drama Prairie Dog - can't stop watching it!
Some topics I'm thinking about, and may eventually blog about:
- The possibilities and problems of pacifism, from a primitivist perspective
- Even though complex relationships bring joy, how do we navigate the complicated privacy and sensitivity issues that come up when we wear multiple hats, and even sometimes have competing internal agendas?
- How to talk usefully about peak oil and relocalization with those who haven't encountered the concepts before, and who might be personally resistant to exploring them further?
- Where we could set up a Flash Mob event in Richmond?
- Psalm 40:1-3
- The over-saturation of "green" messages, products and events.
- The cultural and economic advantages of having community and retail spaces that take advantage of "swerve," compared to single-destination lifestyles
How about you...what's on your mind?