For more of my commentary on life in Richmond, Indiana check out RichmondMatters.com.
(Please note, because of the time that has passed since I wrote this article, it may no longer reflect my current views or the most accurate and complete information available on this subject.)
Things feel kind of in limbo right now, don't they? What are you in between? While you think about that, here are some links you might enjoy:
- Have a young one or someone who gets overwhelmed by the language in standard Wikipedia articles? Try Simple Wikipedia, which only uses simple English words and grammar.
- Jim Hair posted a Youtube video of photographs from his trip to the Inauguration. He's got DVDs available too.
- Literal Music Videos - what your favorite artists were really trying to say
- A few new (at least to me) local blogs to check out: Michele is rennovating a cool house here in Richmond, Adrienne is blogging about books and various other things, Cassie is blogging about life at IU East and in Richmond and also has a pet sitting service blog, Nate is looking at technology as a means to community empowerment and engagement, and Jay is writing about outdoor experiential education. Keep it up, folks!
- 25 people to blame for the financial crisis (according to TIME magazine). Be careful, you might be one of them.