Five things I learned on a trip to the island of Antigua:
- When the whole island is a cozy 12 miles across, accurate maps and road signs are not much of a priority. Great for locals, not so great for visitors.
- I still get seasick. At least the expert diver captaining our transport boat, who has taken Mic Jagger and Dolly Parton for tours, was kind about it.
- It's worth paying extra for a place with a negative edge swimming pool
- Playing Nintendo games prepared me pretty well for driving on the left side of rough, unpaved roads where a goat or donkey might cross at any second.
- If you go in the off season and don't stay at Sandals, you get entire stretches of beach all to yourself.
Antigua was beautiful. Some photos from the trip on Flickr: